Copyright - Fastcompany
12 questions that matter - source: Fastcompany - http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/49/buckingham.html
If you want to build the most powerful company
possible, then your first job is to help every person generate compelling answers
to 12 simple questions about the day-to-day realities of his or her job. These
are the factors, argue Marcus Buckingham and his colleagues at the Gallup Organization,
that determine whether people are engaged, not engaged, or actively disengaged
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- Do I have the materials and equipment that
I need in order to do my work right?
- At work, do I have the opportunity to do what
I do best every day?
- In the past seven days, have I received recognition
or praise for doing good work?
- Does my supervisor, or someone at work, seem
to care about me as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages my
- At work, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission or purpose of my company
make me feel that my job is important?
- Are my coworkers committed to doing quality
- Do I have a best friend at work?
- In the past six months, has someone at work
talked to me about my progress?
- This past year, have I had opportunities at
work to learn and grow?
(c) 1992-1999, The Gallup Organization, Princeton,
NJ. All rights reserved.