Reading Lists (some topics may not be directly related to our course contents)
I thank all the authors & professors for sharing their papers and readling lists.
- N. Carriero and D. Gelernter, "The S/Net's Linda Kernel", ACM Trans. on Computer Systems 4, 2, May 1986, pp. 110-129.
- E. Jul, H. Levy, N. Hutchinson, and A. Black, "Fine-Grained Mobility in the Emerald System", ACM Trans. on Computer Systems 6, 1, February 1988, pp. 109-133.
- R. Stets, S. Dwarkadas, N. Hardavellas, G. Hunt, L. Kontothanassis, S. Parthasarathy, and M. Scott, "Cashmere-2L: Software Coherent Shared Memory on a Clustered Remote-Write Network", 16th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Saint Malo, France, October 1997, pp. 170-183.
- M.L. Powell and B.P. Miller, "Process Migration in DEMOS/MP", 9th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Bretton Woods, NH, October 1983, pp. 110-119.
- M. Theimer, K. Lantz, and D. Cheriton, "Preemptable Remote Execution Facility for the V-System", 10th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Orcas Island, WA, December 1985, pp. 2-12.
- W. Gropp and E. Lusk, "Goals Guiding Design: PVM and MPI", IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, Chicago, September 2002.
- D. Thain, T. Tannenbaum and M. Livny, "Distributed Computing in Practice: The Condor Experience", Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience 17, 2-4, February-April 2005, pp. 323-356.
- I. Foster, "Globus Toolkit Version 4: Software for Service-Oriented Systems", IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing, Springer-Verlag LNCS 3779, pp. 2-13, 2006.
- L. Peterson, T. Anderson, D. Culler, and T. Roscoe, "A Blueprint for Introducing Disruptive Technology into the Internet", First Workshop on Hot Topics in Networking (HotNets-I), October 2002.
- A. Bavier, M. Bowman, B. Chun, D. Culler, S. Karlin, S. Muir, L. Peterson, T. Roscoe, T. Spalink, and M. Wawrzoniak, "Operating System Support for Planetary-Scale Network Services", First Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), March 2004, pp. 253-266.
- L. Lamport, "Time, Clocks, and the Ordering of Events in a Distributed System", Communications of the ACM, 21 7, July 1978, pp. 558-564.
- C.J. Fidge, "Partial Orders for Parallel Debugging", SIGPLAN/SIGOPS Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Debugging, Madison, Wisconsin, May 1988, pp. 183-194. Appears as SIGPLAN Notices 24, 1, January 1989.
- K. M. Chandy and L. Lamport, "Distributed Snapshots: Determining Global States of Distributed Systems", ACM Trans. on Computer Systems, 3 1, February 1985, pp. 63-75.
- B.P. Miller and J-D. Choi, "Breakpoints and Halting in Distributed Programs", 8th Int'l Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems, San Jose, CA, June 1988, pp. 316-323.
- L. Lamport, R. Shostak, and M. Pease, "The Byzantine Generals Problem", ACM Transactions on Programming Languages Systems 4, 3, July 1982, pp. 382-401.
- T.J. LeBlanc and J.M. Mellor-Crummey, "Debugging Passing Parallel Programs with Instant Replay", IEEE Transactions on Computers C36, 4, April 1987, pp. 471-482.
- R.H.B. Netzer and B.P. Miller, "Optimal Tracing and Replay for Debugging Message-Passing Parallel Programs", Supercomputing '92, Minneapolis, MN, November 1992, pp. 502-511. 4, November 1984, pp. 277-288.
- J.D. Choi and H. Srinivasa, "Deterministic Replay of Java Multithreaded Applications", SIGMETRICS Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Tools, Welches, OR, August 1998. pp. 48-59.
- E. C. Cooper, "Replicated Distributed Programs", 10th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Orcas Island, WA, December 1985 pp. 63-78.
- K.P. Birman, "Replication and Fault-Tolerance in the ISIS System", 10th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Orcas Island, WA, December 1985 pp. 79-86.
- M. Burrows, M. Abadi, and R. Needham, "A Logic of Authentication", 12th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Litchfield Park, AZ, December 1989, pp. 1-13.
- G.H. Kuenning and G.J. Popek, "Automated Hoarding for Mobile Computers", 16th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Saint Malo, France, October 1997, pp. 264-275.
- K.Petersen, M.J. Spreitzer, D.B. Terry, M.M. Theimer, and A.J. Demers, "Flexible Update Propagation for Weakly Consistent Replication", 16th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Saint Malo, France, October 1997, pp. 288-301.
Last updated: 27th August, 2007.